What are some simple ways I can promote health & wellness in the workplace?
If you purely want to organize activities that encourage adopting a healthier lifestyle, here are a few ideas:
- Fill up the vending machine or cafeteria with healthy foods.
- Make health conscious choices when ordering food for a meeting or training session.
- Organize activities that boost the heart rate, such as forming a walking group, organizing an after-work ski trip or sponsoring a company sports team.
- Sign up for a corporate membership with your local gym.
- Offer flexible work arrangements, such as telecommuting, summer hours, etc.
- Help employees release their stress by holding meditation or stretching sessions, or by occasionally offering in-office chair massages.
- Coordinate seminars on subjects such as, smoking cessation, nutrition, getting restful sleep, stress management, etc.
- Organize challenges whether for weight-loss or smoking cessation.
Applying one or more of the above is a great start to promoting health in the workplace; however, it takes a lot more work to put in place a structured health and wellness program. To implement a program that’s sustainable, you will require management buy-in, an analysis of your staff’s needs and interests, a committee, objectives, and a plan of how you will reach your goals.
Studies have repeatedly proven that a company can benefit, among other things, from increased productivity, improved work atmosphere, engaged staff, reduced absenteeism, lower groups insurance and CSST premiums. For these reasons, we encourage you to encourage healthier lifestyles as part of your Human Resources strategy!
We offer a free first time consultation to present our services and answer all of your questions. Book now for more information on how we can help you and your team.