Our client, a well-established and constantly evolving company specializing in construction as a general contractor for more than 43 years and headquartered in Montreal, is currently looking for a Construction Project Manager for institutional public projects for the Greater Montreal area.
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President and General Manager, Public Works, the Project Manager’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure the implementation of all phases of the project, the quality and the follow-up of deadlines.
- Document all phases of the project accurately and thoroughly.
- Plan the budget in detail and track project costs.
- Read plans and specifications and enforce contractual documents on site.
- Supervise the work of employees and sub-contractors on the construction site, solve problems and act as a resource person.
- Establish strong relationships and maintain ongoing communication with clients, subcontractors, site employees and other stakeholders.
- Help build a strong network and reputation with clients and other strategic stakeholders such as specialized subcontractors, architects and engineers.
- Demonstrate positive leadership, management and negotiation skills.
- Formulate and complete targeted Requests for Proposals (RFPs), negotiate and administer contractual agreements and ensure regulatory compliance.
What the individual needs to succeed in this role :
- Minimum 7 years experience as a construction project manager for public projects for a general contractor.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the public and institutional works market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French.
- Thorough understanding of the procedures, tasks and responsibilities of a construction project manager for public projects as well as project management principles and systems.
The person sought is able to respond rapidly to changing operational and customer needs for the various projects for which he or she may be responsible. The Project Manager must have excellent technical skills and good organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
Additional benefits for the selected candidate:
A range of benefits can be added depending on the profile of the selected candidate.
- Group Insurance Plan
- RRSP Contribution
- Reimbursement of professional expenses (professional orders or others)
- Training and Development Plan
- Flexible schedule and the possibility of teleworking
- Performance Bonus
- Work related material benefits (car allowance, gas, etc.)
- And other possible benefits