Our client, a well-established and constantly evolving company specializing in construction as a general contractor for more than 43 years and headquartered in Montreal, is currently looking for a Superintendent for institutional public projects for the Greater Montreal area.
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President and General Manager, Public Works, the Project Manager’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Supervise the work of employees and subcontractors on the job site, resolve problems and act as a resource person at the job site.
- Read plans and specifications and enforce the project documents and specifications on the job site.
- Ensure that site conditions comply with the code and health and safety regulations.
- Ensure that quality standards, specifications and project schedules are met.
- Perform all tasks required to ensure the success of the project, such as organizing site meetings and updating all required reports and documents.
- Establishes and maintains constant communication with the project manager, team members, subcontractors and site employees.
What the individual needs to succeed in this role :
- Minimum 7 years experience as a superintendent for public projects for a general contractor.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the public and institutional works market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French.
- Thorough understanding of the procedures, duties and responsibilities of a construction superintendent for public projects.
- Sufficient knowledge of computers.
The Superintendent acts as a key person to ensure the success and timely completion of ongoing projects. The individual must have good interpersonal skills in order to establish and maintain trusting relationships with all the players on the site. He must be able to resolve conflict situations and manage stress in critical moments.
The person sought is reliable, flexible and demonstrates positive leadership. He/she is able to respond quickly to changing operational needs and the project manager’s needs. The Superintendent must have excellent technical skills and good organizational, management and negotiation skills.
Additional benefits for the selected candidate:
A range of benefits can be added depending on the profile of the selected candidate.
- Group Insurance Plan
- RRSP Contribution
- Reimbursement of professional expenses (professional orders or others)
- Training and Development Plan
- Flexible schedule and the possibility of teleworking
- Performance Bonus
- Work related material benefits (car allowance, gas, etc.)
- And other possible benefits